Temperature profiling is the process of recording and interpreting temperatures of products as they move through either a conveyorized or batch heating process (typically an oven or furnace). The collected numeric data is converted by temperature analysis software into meaningful information and displayed as a graph – thermal profile.
This information tells you what temperatures your product reached, for how long and at what point of the process. Process engineers know what the perfect profile for their product should be and variations from the ideal indicate a potential problem or unacceptable quality. By analyzing the thermal profile, you are able to verify and improve product quality, increase throughput and solve production problems.
To learn more about thermal profiling in various industrial applications, download Temperature Profiling: Understanding the Basics Whitepaper.
Thermal profiling system consists of the following elements
- Thermocouple sensors to gather temperature information
- Data acquisition loggers to collect the data
- Thermal barriers to protect the data loggers
- Temperature profiling software for the analysis and archiving of all temperature data
Benefits of thermal profiling system
- Improved product quality
- Increased productivity
- Minimized energy costs
- Validated process control (QS/ISO9001)
- Efficient and fast new process setup
- Quick troubleshooting